12 Yard Skip Hire

from a company you can trust

Booking a 12 yard skip

These giant skips are less common. With fewer of the 12 yard skips around, it’s important to book early if you need one this size. Complete our simple online form to reserve your skip today, or get in contact with us by telephone.

How big is a 12 yard skip?

A 12 yard big is one of the biggest skips available for general hire online. It is very large and might not fit easily on the average driveway. Approximately 80 to 100 rubbish bags would fit inside this skip – that’s roughly a large garden shed load of waste. The sides of a 12 yard skip are high which can make the loading of heavy materials difficult. This size skip is ideal for major construction work or clearances but it is not suitable for soil or rubble as it becomes too heavy to safely collect.

12 cubic yards80-100 bin bags12′ 2″5′ 10″5′ 6″
9.2 cubic metres80-100 bin bags3.7 m1.78 m1.68 m

What can be loaded into a 12 yard skip?

All general waste from office and home clearances can be loaded in the skip along with DIY renovation material. Rubble and soil should not be placed in this large skip – smaller ones should be booked for this type of waste. Other items that must not go in any skip are:

  • Mattresses
  • Freezers and fridges
  • Electrical goods
  • Any hazardous material
  • Paint tins
  • Plasterboard

Conditions of booking a 12 yard skip

You can have the skip at the property for up to 14 days for no extra charge. If you require it for more than this, contact us to arrange this before you book as it is not always available.

Included in the skip hire fee is the delivery and collection of a 12 yard skip. It is dropped off weekdays between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm.

Where do you place a 12 yard skip?

Skips should be placed onto private land when they are delivered. That would be a driveway or garden in most cases. If you don’t have easy-access private land, skips can often be placed on the public highway but you must have a permit for this. Permits can be applied for with the local council for an extra fee. The application is your responsibility.